We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1257370.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for a creative social media intern to work in our marketing department in Dining Services at Eastern Michigan University. The social media intern is responsible for planning social media calendars, creating social media posts, and assisting the Marketing team with brainstorming campaigns.
To be successful as a social media intern you must have excellent knowledge of various social media platforms. A good social media intern combines creative campaign ideas with analytical skills to create successful posts.
In this role, you will work closely with the Marketing Manager to implement and promote the university's dining program on social media. This involves research to understand the needs of the target market, planning & brainstorming, promotions & advertising through various platforms, as well as implementation. This is not your average internship; you will be spearheading various projects and will be able to request assignments to expand your knowledge base. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in the field of social media and marketing.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Customer service experience/knowledge
* Knowledge of social media platforms
* Good to better interpersonal skills
* General interest and knowledge
* Knowledge of graphic design tools is a plus
* Prior marketing related experience is a plus
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
* Manage the Dining Services social media accounts and post regular content.
* Brainstorm campaign ideas.
* Create, manage, and promote engagement through contests and giveaways.
* Create, manage, and promote events and promotions taking place on campus within dining services.
* Share prominent news or updates for Dining Services such as timely announcements of hours, closures, weather emergencies, etc.
* Monitor various social media platforms such as TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Yammer, LinkedIn, and Sprout Social.
* Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
* Manage and update Dining Services team's website as needed.
* Create and share press releases for prominent dining news and work with internal and external trade publications for coverage.
* Understand the overall concept of the university's Dining Services, including the dining program, targeted guests including students, faculty/staff & visitors, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
* Engage with students, faculty/staff or clients and provide service and/or content.
* Provide suggestions to management for improving customer experience on social platforms and internal processes.
* Learn and become proficient on internal software systems.
* Assist in creating performance metric newsletters and reports.
* Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
* Learn how to create and implement a social media calendar/marketing plan.
* Learn how to conduct social media market research and use it to generate a larger audience or increase buy-in.
* Learn how to use multiple platforms and strategies to effectively promote a brand.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.
Chartwells Higher Education