Position Title: Intern- Undergraduate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as a member of the TDECU Insurance team. Facilitates exceptional professional member service via phone, email, or face to face. Responds to members in a time-sensitive manner.
2. Develops knowledge of products, service lines, and carrier profiles to gain an understanding of member needs and TDECU Insurance.
3. Ability/eligibility to obtain Property & Casualty or Life & Health licenses within 90 days. (Reimbursement after 90 days and successful completion of licensing exam.)
4. Assist Producers, Account Coordinators or Customer Service Representatives in daily and weekly activities which include the creation of prospecting plans, developing member/client relationships, account retention activities, and event promotions.
5. Participate in field visits to a member or potential member locations for risk assessments and client follow up.
6. Assist Producers with marketing support, social media campaigns, event preparation, and follow-up. Utilize CRM and Carrier portals for documentation of member/client information.
7. Gain knowledge of basic Insurance accounting principles. Learn metrics and key performance indicators for measuring success. Gain an understanding of goal identification and tracking methodologies.
8. Completes all mandatory compliance testing within the designated time frame and other compliance assignments including Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Unusual Activity Reports (UAR), and Security processes.
9. Implements processes as required by the Bank Secrecy Act and TDECU policies and procedures including but not limited to completing and submitting Currency Transaction Reports, being knowledgeable of signs of unusual financial activities, and reporting signs of unusual activity and/or completing reporting for Suspicious Activity Report as appropriate per procedure.
10. Stays abreast of changes within the credit union relating to services and procedures.
11. Actively participates in community relations activities and groups to represent the Credit Union. Actively engage with local Chambers and Economic Development organizations, monitoring news, area publications, and key websites, and conduct research into headquarters in the region for all size businesses and associations. Actively participates in community relations activities and groups to represent the Credit Union.
Education: Currently enrolled in pursuit of a Bachelors of Business Administration or another related degree from an accredited university. Prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Prefer Junior or Senior but will consider other class levels.
Experience: Two to three years of completed course work in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this position and/or may be encountered while performing essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to stand, walk, and sit. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds to perform essential position functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Texas Dow Employees Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, protected veteran status, sex, religion, disability, genetic information, national origin or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Consistent with the American Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.