Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:$64,700Compensation Maximum:$126,800The Technical Analyst works closely with both the business and IT teams, with a focus on Auto, Home, Renters, and Condo products. This person will partner with an IT Project Manager to collect requirements and convert into technical documentation for the Development and QA teams to consume. In addition, this person will also be a key contributor to influence the business and technical analysis process across the entire enterprise.
- Create and deliver data-driven reports
- Support test new web software applications
- Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Develop knowledge of the insurance industry, customers, organizations, and business objectives to help Homesite and the enterprise in a problem-solving role. Assessing user requirements, procedures, and problems to create or improve a system.
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Consult colleagues concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
- Provide support to Business and IT Teams
- Assist technical architects with infrastructure requirement development
- Investigate debug software errors, troubleshoot application issues
- Be available at all times to answer questions and research solutions to user problems.
- Maintain proficiency with primary software applications used on all platforms such as Tableau, SQL, Excel, Bitbucket, TFS.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new software programs quickly.
Qualifications for Technical Analyst
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple tasks with tight timelines.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of configuration management and the systems development lifecycle with a working knowledge of script development.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to interpret end user questions and troubleshoot.
- Strong training skills - Ability to identify audience; then develop and conduct end user training classes.
- Ability to convey technical processes and terminology into easy-to-understand language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Ability to interact and communicate well with individuals at all levels of the organization, either independently or as part of a team. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Ability to effectively communicate technical information either individually or in a group setting to the user in understandable terms. Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, technical publications, work instructions, and software manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Accuracy and attention to detail in the preparation and proofing of various documents and correspondence.
- Excellent reasoning ability - Ability to understand and implement instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form; Ability to recognize and work through problems created by variables to standardized procedures; Ability to think independently and exercise good judgment.
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology/Systems, Technical Communications, related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience leading efforts around business/functional/system requirements
- Experience in systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Word, and Excel preferred
- Working knowledge of Software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise !